Thursday, September 22, 2016

A Rose by any other name...

I had admired this quilt....

Rail Fence Quilt by Rose

and this one.....

Another of Rose's quilts!

on Pinterest recently, (one link is here),

to find that Rose, the maker, was offering her 

leftovers to me! 

Blocks Rose didn't have a use for!

After a friendly email exchange with Rose...

these beauties recently landed in my post box.

And heaps of 'scraps'!

 I haven't decided what I will do with them but there 



are plans being made!

I gathered up my meagre stash of

 Cotton and Steele... 


shopped for more at The Quilt Shop, in Eltham

with a couple of pretty fat quarters thrown in!
where they were having an amazing sale!

all playing nicely together!

So I guess I have another WIP or two to add to my 

never-ending list!

But the story doesn't end there....

Rose also included these pretty vintage circles,


which I am going to make into a mini 'quilt'....

of sorts, for my sister.

I am now making a couple of gifts to send back to 

Rose as a thank-you!

Happy sewing!

SUZ

20 comments:

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Lots of pieces and ideas, to spark the imagination Suz. Looks like it's time for some creative play.

Chookyblue...... said...

great fabrics.........

Lynne said...

Fantastic! Have fun with your new fabric. I love the circles and would like to know how she made them.

Rachaeldaisy said...

How lovely of Rose to send such a fun package jam packed with wonderful fabrics and vintage circles. You were lucky to find Cotton and Steel on sale too.

Leanne said...

Beautiful fabrics from Rose, I look foreward to seeing what you make with them. Happy sewing.

Julie said...

Wow, what a beautifully generous offer that was. Of course you had to add to them, can't wait to see what you end up making.

FlourishingPalms said...

You sure have some lovely stash-enhancing pieces! I haven't gotten into Cotton and Steel much, so you have way more prints there than I do. I have no doubt you'll enjoy them as you turn them into something fabulous. Keep happying all over your RR!

Lynda said...

I love those quilts and lucky you scoring the leftovers - they are right up your alley.

Julie Fukuda said...

What a nice friend you have in Rose. I'm sure you will have fun with those pieces.

Betty said...

That's a heap of fun you have there - so kind of Rose to share and I know you'll create something fantastic, as always!!!!

Granny Maud's Girl said...

You will have lots of fun with that collection. Thank goodness you have some leave and time up your sleeves to play with all the lovely fabrics!

Jenny M said...

What a lovely gift to receive & those vintage circles are just gorgeous!

OPQuilt said...

So fun to get these treasures in the mail. Maybe I should send you some of my C & S fabrics, too. I think Rose's quilts are some of the best uses of these (sometimes difficult-to-use) fabrics I've seen on the web. So glad you showed us her creations. Have fun with those, as well as her vintage circles. What a treasure!

pandchintz said...

How lovely is that?! Like what you've put together for it and can't wait to see the outcome.

Needled Mom said...

Oh fun!!!! Pretty eye candy there. Love those circles!

Suz J said...

Don't you love amazing sales and when everything plays together nicely. A perfect world!

Karen S said...

That is a gorgeous collection of fabric pieces. How lovely to be able to share. Definitely a bit of fun!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

How lovely . . . the fabrics from Rose and the ones you picked up all look so nice together. And those little circles are so cute. They will make a great little project. I'm pretty sure I've pinned both those quilts too.

O'Quilts said...

Oh...my is Rose generous...and you are totally one lucky lady!!

Knit2 Yarns said...

Those two quilts are fantastic. The quilting is great too. It looks like such great texture ; )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...